Bring your knives, clipper blades, lawnmower blades, garden tools and more to the market this week, Neil’s Sharpening Service will be here! This is likely to be his last appearance at the Market this year, so make sure your knives are ready for that Thanksgiving feast!
Reserve Your Thanksgiving Turkey Now
Canter Hill is now taking reservations for Thanksgiving turkeys. Available in both heritage breed and conventional, these turkeys are sure to be delicious! Order at the Canter Hill table this week to guarantee your turkey!Two giveaways at the Market this week!
- Free Market Tote with purchase – Shop any vendor at the market this week and receive a FREE canvas tote bag! Made from 100% recycled cotton and made with fair wage and labor practices, this tote is sure to become your new favorite. Limit 1 per customer, while supplies last.
- Free prizes for the kids – We didn’t forget the kiddos! Bring them by the table at the Manager’s Tent to pick out a FREE prize!
Due to cooler weather and diminishing light, beginning this week the Market will be closing at 6:30. We have just three markets left this season, our regular season will be ending at the end of October. But don’t miss our Holiday Market in November…Mark Your Calendar for our Holiday Market
The Market’s regular season will end this year on October 27. But we will return on November 17th for a very special Holiday Market! Plan to come out and get the freshest ingredients for your Thanksgiving dinner! The Holiday Market will be held in the Media Theater lot on Thursday, Nov. 17 from 3 to 6:30 pm. See you there!Bi-Weekly Vendors at the Market This Week:
Every week we feature a meal made from the Market! We’ll provide the shopping list and recipe here, all you have to do is purchase the ingredients at the market, spend a little time in your kitchen and voila, a delicious, fresh meal straight from the farm!Chicken Burgers with Corn and Romanesco BroccoliShopping List:
2 -1 lb. Packages ground chicken (Canter Hill)
Whole Wheat or plain sandwich rolls (Big Sky)
Corn (E. Fudd & Son)
Romanesco Broccoli (The Farm Stuff)
Red Onion (The Farm Stuff/ E. Fudd)
Tomato (E. Fudd)
Wine (Stone & Key Cellars)
Olive oil (Mediterra)
Favorite burger toppings: mustard, ketchup, etc.
- Shuck corn and slice tomato and onion.
- Fill two large pots with water and bring to a boil.
- Form ground chicken into patties.
- Place 1/4 cup olive oil in saute pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add the chicken patties, cooking 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Add the broccoli to one boiling pot and the corn to the other. Cook about 5-6 minutes and drain.
- Sprinkle the Broccoli with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Serve patties on Big Sky sandwich buns and top with sliced tomato, onion, and your burger favorite toppings.