Fall flavors are beginning to arrive at the Market! Find honeynut, butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash; potatoes; and turnips at E. Fudd & Son. The Farm Stuff has lots of mixed winter squash, concord grapes, cauliflower, and broccoli. Stop by to see what’s arriving this week!
Vincent James returns to the Market
Vincent James “soft rocks” his way back to the Market this week! Make sure you stop by and take a listen this talented perform easy listening originals and covers.
Mark Your Calendar for our Holiday Market
Bi-Weekly Vendors at the Market This Week:
Every week we feature a meal made from the Market! We’ll provide the shopping list and recipe here, all you have to do is purchase the ingredients at the market, spend a little time in your kitchen and voila, a delicious, fresh meal straight from the farm!
BBQ Shredded Chicken with Green Beans and Corn
2 chicken breasts (Canter Hill)
green beans (E. Fudd/The Farm Stuff)
1 onion (The Farm Stuff)
corn on the cob (E. Fudd/The Farm Stuff)
1 oz bottle BBQ sauce
salt & pepper
chicken or vegetable broth (optional)
- Put a pot of well salted water on to boil. Snap green beans and rinse. Once water in boiling, add beans.
- While beans cook, trim chicken breasts if needed and cut into smaller, tender-sized pieces.
- Add BBQ to a pan on medium heat. If sauce is very thick, thin with broth to a slightly thinner consistency. Bring sauce just to a simmer, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Cut onion in half and thinly slice each half. Add onions and chicken pieces to sauce, making sure chicken is covered in sauce. Stir occasionally to prevent sauce from scorching and turn chicken once.
- Wrap shucked ears of corn in damp paper towels and microwave for about 5 minutes, adding 1 to 2 minutes for each additional ear of corn. Once done, remove from microwave and let rest until cool enough to handle. Cut corn from cob and mix in a bowl with a tablespoon or two of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken pieces and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken back in pan with sauce and onions and stir to combine.
- Cook beans until desired doneness. Drain. Toss with butter if desired.