1 medium spaghetti squash (The Farm Stuff)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided (Mediterra)
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small cubes (Canter Hill)
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
½ onion, chopped (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (E. Fudd)
1 red bell pepper (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
1 green bell pepper (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
3 roma tomatoes, diced (E. Fudd)
2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley (E. Fudd)
3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Brush each half lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven, flesh side up, and roast until skin is tender. Remove from oven and cool. Once cool, scrape the strands from each half. (This step can be performed ahead of time and the squash can be refrigerated until needed.)
- Cube chicken breasts and toss in 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning until evenly coated.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large saute pan (preferably oven safe) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan. Drain pan if necessary.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and peppers and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute until softened. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes and cream cheese. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken and squash to the pan and stir until combined.
- If using an oven safe pan, place it in the oven. Or, transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Make for 20 minutes at 350 until the edges are slightly crispy.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese before serving.