Late Summer Ham Supper
smoked ham steak (Canter Hill)
red cabbage, 3 cups coarsely grated (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
1 green apple, cored and cut into matchsticks (The Farm Stuff)
1 yellow or orange pepper, thinly sliced (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
zucchini, 1 small per person (The Farm Stuff / E. Fudd)
parsely (E. Fudd)
cilantro (E. Fudd)
peaches (The Farm Stuff)
new potatoes, 3-4 per person (E. Fudd)
olive oil (Mediterra)
brown sugar (The Fair Trade Trolley Stop)
apple cider vinegar
Bamboo Raw Honey (Randalia)
whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Bring ham to room temperature.
- In saute pan melt 1 tablespoon butter with w tablespoons olive oil. Mix in brown sugar.
- Add ham steak to pan and cook until heated through, flipping once to coat both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Place washed potatoes in pan and cover in water. Bring to boil and cook about 15 to 20 minutes. Potatoes should be just fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons minced parsley and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss in parsley mixture to coat
- Slice zucchini and heat 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a saute pan.
- Saute zucchini slices until browned but not soggy
- Toss together cabbage, bell pepper, apple, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.