1 split Chicken Breast per person(Canter Hill)
Tomato Basil Radiatori (Vera Pasta)
Baby Zucchini (E. Fudd & Son)
Cinnamon Waffles (Waffatopia)
Ice Cream (Roundtop Farm)
Wild Mushrooms (Davidson Exotic Mushrooms)
Chocolate bar (Sweet Salvation)
Butter (Roundtop Farm)
Olive oil (Mediterra)
Parmesan cheese, shredded style
Salt and pepper
bread or cracker crumbsPounded Chicken
- Pound the thick end of the breast about 5 or 6 times to tenderize and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with one tablespoon bread or cracker crumbs.
- Place 1 tablespooon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Preheat the pan to medium heat. Add the chicken and saute 6 minutes.
- Turn chicken and saute for an additional 6 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, start the zucchini:
- Rise zucchini and dry.
- Slice lengthwise making 6 pieces.
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil to skillet.
- Saute over medium heat for 3 minutes taking care not to burn the vegetables.
- Using a spatula, turn the vegetables and allow to cook an additional 2 minutes.
Directions for pasta: (pasta is excellent both warm or chilled)
- Cook radiatori as per package directions. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Clean mushrooms and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Place one tablespoon olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently so they don’t burn.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the mushrooms and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Cinnamon Waffle Sundae:
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Cut the waffle in half and place 1 half in a shallow bowl.
- Add a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream on the waffle.
- Pour melted chocolate over the ice cream.
- Top with remaining waffle.