1 lb ground pork (Canter Hill)
3-4 carrots (E. Fudd or The Farm Stuff)
2 cloves garlic (E. Fudd)
1 bag spinach (E. Fudd)
1 onion (The Farm Stuff)
rice (Fair Trade Trolley Stop)
1 tbs finely minced ginger
mirin (available in most grocery stores in the Asian section)
- Rinse spinach if needed, and remove any large or thick stems.
- Finely dice or shred carrots.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, mince ginger and garlic.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork until no longer pink. Stir frequently to prevent burning or sticking. Drain and remove from pan. Drain pan.
- While pork is cooking, chop onion.
- Heat 2 tbs sesame oil in same pan.
- Add onion and carrots to oil and cook until onions are just turning translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Add meat back to pan along with 2 tbs soy sauce and 2 tbs mirin. Toss to coat.
- Add spinach one large handful at a time until all is added and is just wilted.
- If sauce is too thin, sprinkle 1 to 2 tbs of cornstarch into pan and mix well. Cook until desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.