Who We Are
Media Farmers Market is a weekly, open-air, grower/producer market featuring fresh food, locally raised and crafted.
Established in 2009 as a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization, Media Farmers Market brings area farmers, residents, and businesses together in support of the “Eat Fresh, Buy Local” movement, thereby enhancing our community and supporting our environment. All products are raised, grown, or handmade by the vendors. While some farms are not certified organic, most use organic practices, including Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and pasture their livestock.
Local businesses, non-profit organizations, and performing artists are featured regularly.
Media Farmers Market is guided by the following core principles:
- All products available at the Market will be of high quality and produced, created, and/or crafted by the vendors themselves in order to maximize the economic, environmental, and social benefit to the local community;
- Vendors will be located within a 75-mile radius of the Borough of Media and will provide a diversity of foodstuffs and goods to local residents;
- The Market will serve as a community social resource, by providing opportunities for enhanced social interaction through regular entertainment and educational programs;
- The Market will always strive to grow and be innovative.
Where We Are
Media Farmers Market is located in the parking lot next to the Media Theatre, on the corner of State and Gayley Streets, in Media, PA. There is metered, on-street parking available for customers (30 min/quarter before 6pm; after 6pm on-street parking is free).
When We’re Open
Media Farmers Market is open every Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., rain or shine, from the second week of May through the week before Thanksgiving. As daylight becomes scarcer in October and November, the Market will close at 6:30 p.m.
For the 2015 season, the Market will be open from May 14 through November 19.
Useful to Know
We accept credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover) and participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Some vendors also accept Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) vouchers.
SNAP is the USDA Food Stamp program. Benefits are used to buy food and help eligible low-income households follow diets that are more nutritious by increasing their food purchasing power at grocery stores, supermarkets, and farmers markets. Eligible recipients receive a PA Electronic Benefits Transfer Access Card (PA Access), and this card can be used at the Market.
Here Is How the Tokens Work:
- Customers desiring to use their credit card or PA Access card will come to the Market Manager’s Table located at the entrance to the market on Gayley Street.
- The customer indicates how much money in market tokens they would like to receive and their card will be charged that amount.
- The customer will receive tokens for the exact amount charged. For example, $10 charged to the customer’s card will equal $10 in market tokens.
- Market vendors will take the tokens as payment and will give cash as change.
Market tokens come in $1 and $5 increments and will never expire. There is no fee to use this service.
Learn More about Media Farmers Market
- Explore our website.
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter on our website (see the Subscribe box in the sidebar)
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Be Part of Media Farmers Market
If you are a farmer, producer, or local business interested in participating in Media Farmers Market, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com.
If you are a musician or other performing artist and are interested in providing entertainment during the Market, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Media Farmers Market… Hometown Fresh, Every Thursday!
Our Market Manager is Joe Fazik, a Media resident and chef. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Farmers Market has been organized by a dedicated group of volunteers who live in and around Media, and the Market is a non-profit organization. To contact the Media Farmers Market Steering Committee, please email email@example.com.
The Media Farmers Market Steering Committee:
- Adeline Cianella, President
- Linda Coulston, Vice-President
- Linda Lawson, Treasurer
- Mary Jane Sturgis, Secretary
- Paula Anderson
- Linda Buddrius
- Guinevere Janes
- Hazel Lafleur-Vetter
- Mary Beth Lauer
- Michelle Lawson
- Clara Lombardi
- Mary Murray
- Bonnie Scarborough
- Emily Zacharczyk
Borough Council Liaison:
- Amy Johnson
Internet Hosting and Web Development:
- Kent Davidson, Market Acumen
- Chris Dietrich, Watertable Design